B&O Oakland Station
Following the design of a master plan and interior alterations developed by SM+P Architects, this historic 1884 Baltimore & Ohio Railroad station became a new visitor center for the town of Oakland, MD. The award-winning facility includes a small theater and museum. The meticulous restoration used slate mined from the same quarry that produced the original. Today the building is a centerpiece for the ever-increasing tourist destination, Garrett County. SMG Architects, predecessor to SM+P Architects followed the guidelines of the Secretary of the Interior and worked closely with local and state preservation agencies to achieve a truly accurate refurbishment of this remarkable building.